Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

I bless the rains down in Africa...well the Canary Islands



Well after Costa Brava I had the rest of the week to go on vacation for Easter holidays...I know I'm super lucky. So Tory and I decided to go to the Canary Islands!! There are 10 Canary Islands, but we went to Gran Canaria which is one of the bigger ones. Annnnnnnnnd while I was there I found out that the Canary Islands are actually a part of Africa but are considered territories of Spain. So I went to Africa what what!! We arrived in the afternoon in Las Palmas(the capital) and went to check in for our bungalow, that's right our bungalow hahahha. We were in a complex that had a pool and we had our own patio which was really nice! After settling in, Tory and I got some lunch and went to sit by the pool. Later we went on one of many long walks on the beach, which actually reminded me of North Carolina beaches. There are famous sand dunes near where we are staying called Maspalomas that were really pretty. The geography in the Canary Islands was really interesting because it changed depending on were you are on the island. It was a beach where I was, but in the north of the island there is mountains and desert rock formations. It was so nice to be in a place that was warm and sunny all the time. The next day we woke up and hit the beach but much to our surprise it was reaaaaaally windy. I'm talking like covered in sand after 5 minutes windy. So after trying to stick it out on the beach for a little while we gave up and went to the pool. I wish I had a lot more to write about but the truth is that we spent everyday relaxing by the beach or the pool, soaking up the sun, and reading. At the end of the 4 days we were there I was really sad to leave paradise and go back to my normal life. I hope to get to see more of the Canary Islands and go to the beach! It was a great way to spend Easter break!

The beautiful beach!

Our bungalow, que romantica!

The Maspalomas Dunes

No comments:

Post a Comment