Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

April Showers really do bring May flowers!


Sorry I haven't been posting a whole lot lately but my life has been pretty routine these last two weeks so I don't feel like I have too much to write about. The most exciting thing is that it has been getting really warm here during the day (like 85 or so) and really sunny. When I have breaks in my schedule at school I try to go outside to read and enjoy the sun. The picture above is the walkway near my school when I was walking with some of the other teachers to get lunch on Friday. On the weekends we go to Parque Retiro and I try to go play pickup frisbee on Saturdays when I can. Also the local bar area near our neighborhood La Latina has been full of people on Sundays since its so nice, so we usually go there Sunday nights to have a beer. This weekend we got to meet one of our friends Carlos' nephews David and Yago. David is 3 years old and Yago is 1 and half. They were both sooooooo cute!!! We went with them to the park and played with them. It was kind of weird talking to little babies in Spanish but they were both so adorable I didn't mind! Next weekend I am going to Mallorca which is one of the Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean. I am really excited to go to the beach again and there is supposedly a lot of biking around the city which should be awesome! Also yesterday was Dia de la Madre (translation Mother's Day) here in Spain even though it isn't until next weekend in the US. So lots of love to my mom who is the best mom ever!! Don't know how I would have made it through life without her! I love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment