Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Beginnings

I had found an apartment and gotten all of my things ready to move in. It wasn't til the last bag was heaved up the stairs that it hit me. That this year was going to be totally different. I felt like I was getting dropped off by my parents to start my freshman year of college. I felt the tears well up from out of nowhere. But why? I have been here for almost 2 years now and am feeling comfortable, so what's the difference? Well my job, my apartment, people coming and going and more responsibilities. And a nice but terrifying feeling that I am settling into life in Spain. 


This year I will also be starting a new job...yikes! I am both excited and nervious to be responsible for a 3 year old childs' English education. I am also pretty frustrated that for the 3rd day in a row I feel pretty helpless because I can't even enter my classroom. The whole school is still under construction and we start Friday. Le sigh


So here is to a new year and fresh slate. I can't wait to see what's in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment