Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in review

It's been another good year filled with good memories,good friends and trips to new places. It was also the first time I was in Spain for an entire year without taking a trip back to the US. I'm having a hard time believing that I am heading into another year of living in Madrid. 2011 has brought changes to my life in the form of a new job and a new piso. Let's take a look at some of the highlights. 

January
The new year came with new resolutions from being fit to using groupon. I also ate a delicious (but gassy) dish alubias with some of Alberto's closest friends. 

February
A trip to both Bernabeu and the Basque country to visit my good friend Kit!


March
March was a fabulous month which took me to 2 new places: Morocco with Alberto and Edinburgh to visit my brother Jack! Both beautiful and very different places, I loved them both!



 
April
April was another month filled with trips thanks to Easter break called Semana Santa in Spanish. This time my travels took me to Berlin and Prague, two of the most memorable cities I've visited. 





May
 As I decided to stay in Spain another year, Spanish youth decided to exercise their right to protest by taking over Sol in the 15-M movement. Although their encampment proved to be exciting but ultimately futile, they caused a lot of controversy and debate in the country.

June

In June I finished my job at Andres Segovia and exchanged tearful goodbyes with my co-workers and students. I took a trip to Asturias, my brother Sam came to visit and I went to my first Spanish wedding!


July
In July I started my summer job teaching english at Forenex. I worked hard, made friends and even met the couple from Love & Paella.

August
I tried to not die of heat exhaustion in Madrid, worked on a farm, and took a trip to London! 


September
I started my new job at Colegio Vegasur and celebrated my 2 year expat-anniversary in Spain! 

 October
 I didn't celebrate Halloween for the first time ever but I did get to celebrate my 2 year anniversary with Alberto!

November
 I traveled to Galicia and Santander and my 6 year old UNC laptop officially died. Oh and another Spanish wedding. 



December
I went to the craziest Christmas dinner with my co-workers and finally stepped back on to US soil for the holidays. I'm so happy to be home and am looking forward to another great year!
 
Bring it on 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment