Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My life is so stressful...time to go to a resort!

Okkkk so my life is not stressful in the least but one of the good things about being in Europe is I get to travel around inexpensively. One of my friends here, Natalia, has friend working at a beach resort in Tarragona (a province of Cataluna near Barcelona). They told us they could get us a discount for staying at an apartment in the hotel so we decided hmmmm beach weekend sounds good! We decided to rent a car and drive the 6 hours to the beach which was a different experience because we usually fly. We arrived on Thursday night, checked into the hotel and ate some dinner. We woke up well rested on Friday to enjoy the breakfast buffet that came with our apartment. It was nice to have so many options for breakfast when usually what I eat is corn flakes. We spent the entire day lounging by the beach. Hard knock life right? That night we went out in the town near by with Natalia's friends which was a lot of fun. As for most beach posts, I wish I could write more about what I did but I did a whole lot of nothing. I do have a nice tan now though woo! And the triumph of the weekend was finding an English grocery store with peanut butter for 2.50 euros! Its really hard to find in Spain and when you do, it costs an arm and a leg. Obviously I took home 2 jars.
Carolina Beach bar!

View of our resort

The girls at the beach

The beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment