Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Celebrating Turkey Day Abroad

Happy Thanksgiving! (okay, it's a little late but thats okay) Being outside of the US for holidays is probably one of the hardest things about living abroad. Although I couldn't be with my friends and family, I was thankful to have some Americans, English, and Spaniards that wanted to celebrate Thanksgiving with my roommates and I. At school, I explained to the kids what Thanksgiving was and why we celebrate it and made a pumpkin pie for the teachers. Did I mention we had to make 3 pumpkin pies from real pumpkin? Booyah. The teachers really liked all the pie and asked me for the recipe. We spent all week preparing the turkey (yes, this year we found a turkey!!!), stuffing, and pumpkin pies for our big feast. We had about 11 people come to enjoy each other's company and say thanks for all the great things that we had in our lives. The turkey and all the fixin's were a big hit! Even though I wasn't with my family I had a lot of things to be thankful for!





No comments:

Post a Comment