Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

home is where the heart is

Now having lived here for a year and a half, sometimes I wonder which place is more my home right now: North Carolina or Madrid? Of course North Carolina is my home home (if that makes sense) and there are things I always miss when I'm here: my family and friends, barbecue, Carolina basketball, Bojangles, all things UNC. However, since I started my life post-college here in Madrid I feel like my life is more here than in NC. I definitely noticed it when I went home for Christmas. I saw everyone when they were home and off work but once they went back to their lives, I felt like NC wasn't where my life was at the moment. As I am trying to decide in the coming year what I want to do, figuring out where I feel more at home is a big factor. Where I'll be next year and what I'll be doing is the million dollar question. I'll let you know when I answer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment