Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Los fin de semanas madrileños


When Friday rolls around and school lets out it is officially my 3 day weekend (el fin de semana) since I have Mondays off woohoo! I have been staying in Madrid for most of the weekends just to get to know the city and because I don't have any money at the moment. I get paid at the end of October thank goodness! But the nice thing about being in a big city is there is lots to do! This weekend I went out for tapas on Friday night. We went to this little tapas place called El Tigre which is famous because they give you free tapas with any drink order. We ordered glasses of wine and got patatas bravas, croquetas, bread with jamon and cheese. It was amazing! On Saturday I slept in, went to the grocery store, and then to frisbee practice. On Saturdays, Los Quijotes have a scrimmage for about 2 hours and whoever comes out can play. Its really fun and I really like the people on the team. When I got to the field we usually play on it was a total wreck. There had been a concert there the night before and there were beer bottles everywhere. So after driving around for about an hour to find another field we finally found a really nice one with grass! (all the other fields have been really really hard dirt) After we played they announced there was going to be a team party which I was excited about because its hard to get to know people when you are playing. So Saturday night I went to one of the capitan's houses to botellon (have a couple drinks and hang out) and there were about 15 people from the team there. So I got to talk to the players which was really fun. Then around 2:30 we went to a bar slash club that was decorated like a pirate ship which was awesome in a cheesy way. The music was really cool and we danced the night away. It was fun to hang out with the team and I hope they will be good group of friends. Sunday is the day of rest and that is usually all I do. I slept in and after lunch I met with some friends in one of my favorite places in Madrid Parque del Buen Retiro (the picture at the top) which literally means the Park of Good Rest. It was a really nice day out and nothing else is usually open on Sunday so the park is a great place to go. We relaxed in the sun and threw the frisbee around for a bit. Its a perfect way to spend a Sunday! Next week is Halloween week at my school and we are going to do something everyday for Halloween which I'm really excited about and so are the kids! Can't wait! I'll write about it an hopefully take some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment