Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

First day of school: Round 2!!

After a week of hanging out in Madrid and trying to get my life here together I had the first day of school jitters. I was so excited to get to school and see the teachers and my students from last year. I met up with my new co-workers Carmella and Leigh (who are English) and my co-worker from last year Rich. We all took the train together to work so Leigh and Carmella could see how to get there. We arrived at school to a warm greeting from the teachers and the students. I was so happy to see them all again and it was nice to be a "veteran" at school. Maria Jesus who I worked with last year is going to be the English coordinator this year so we met with her quickly to discuss the basics. After that I went to my first class with the second graders. The whole day was a bit of blur of questions from the kids and talking with all the professors. But I was really glad to be back at school and getting back into a routine. Here's to a good year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment