Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Hi ho, hi ho its off to summer camp I go!

If you know me, you will know I love summer camp. And if you don't know me, now you know! I worked at the YMCA since I was 16 and even through the humidity/heat and sometimes whiny kids, I love it.  So what am I doing this summer in Madrid? Working at summer camp of course! This July I'll be living and working as an English teacher for Forenex in Sierra de Gredos  mountain range which is about85 km outside of Madrid. From what I have heard they are an amazing company and really great to work with hooray! I'll be working with kids from 4-9 years old in the beginners level. I am really excited because I'll get to experience the joys of summer camp: songs, stories, and general shanagins. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervious because I'll be with the kids 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Yikes! Being an auxiliar is a pretty cushy job, so teaching here will definitely be a challenge. However, I am looking forward to more responsibility and creative freedom in the classroom. I will do my best to keep blogging throughout the camp as supposedly there is working wifi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment